I have a technical wall with several pieces of electronics mounted onto it. It started to look a bit disorganized, with all these things mounted at random places on the wooden board and cables running all over the place.
So I wanted to clean it up a bit... I stumbled upon a DIN-rail mount on Thingiverse, and remembered I had a piece of DIN rail in a box. Time to remix a bit and mount everything on DIN rail!
I had quite some stuff that was suited to mount on the DIN rail:
- Raspberry Pi 4
- NVMe SSD in enclosure
- Arduino Uno used as an interface board
- a separate USB hub: the RPi only has 4 ports, of which 2 are used for disk I/O
- a MOCA (ethernet<>coax transceiver) unit
- WD My book hard disk
I used the Arduino Uno mount from this nice collection of DIN rail mounts: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2610621
With everything installed on my wall, it looks like this:
To mount everything I created these new objects:
- snap-in-place RPi 1, Rpi 2,3,4 holder
- 50x50mm fan holder (to cool the pi)
- Trust 7 Port USB2 Powered Hub HU-5870V (Pyramid shaped USB hub)
- MOCA network-over COAX converter holder
You can find them at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4539402
I also created a box to hold my hard disk
The Lock bits tend to drop out, which is why I use these slightly bent bits: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3375629
Liked something? Worked on something similar? Let me know what you think on Mastodon!
You can use your Mastodon account to reply to this post.